|By David Weinberger||
|May 20, 2009 04:11 PM EDT||
A fancy restaurant that assures a diner that it can take care of vegetarians and then serves a plate of side-dish vegetables as the main course:
1. Has an incompetent chef.
2. Ought to be ashamed of its lack of imagination.
3. Is as embarrassingly ignorant about vegetarianism as they would be if they reassured a diabetic that they don’t cook with diabetes.
4. Is doing the equivalent of serving a grilled cheese sandwich or a plate of Ritz crackers and peanut butter, except that either of those would be preferable.
Note that this is not a multiple choice question.
- Why Google gPhone Matters to Me
- Will the gPhone Make a Difference?
- Google: The Cause Of and Solution To All Life’s Problems
- [berkman] Dries Buytaert: Drupal and sustaining collaborative efforts
- Leopard - The Little Things and Virtual Desktops
- White House Open Government Initiatives
- Britannica: #1 at Google
- The Pirate Bay and The Pirate Google
- Boston: The New Marketing Hub!
- Chris Soghoian on Privacy in the Cloud
- Piracy in Developing Countries
- Shoes For Industry! Shoes for the Dead!
- Dan Gillmor on What’s Wrong with the iPad
- Michael Slaby on Tech, Politics, and Freedom
- Werner Vogels, Bradley Horowitz, and Jonathan Zittrain